Friday 2 December 2011

Welcome to my journey

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I've recently made a huge change in my life. I've always been a picky eater, and I LOVE sweets. About a month ago it finally hit me that the eating habits I make now will follow me through life. And with college looming on the horizon, a high-sugar diet can't be good.
So I changed my diet, and it wasn't easy. First, I stopped baking really good/bad stuff (cinnamon buns, brownies, cookies, squares) Second, I upped my intake of fruits and veggies. I've also started eating more whole grains, and watching how much natural sugar I'm consuming. 
But something is missing. I still love to bake, but now I can't make any of my old recipes. So, I went to Google with my problem. I've found some really amazing websites. (I'll list them soon) I'm going to try new things, and break out of my old ways of thinking. It's going to be harder than it sounds.
I'll always love baked goods. I'll always struggle with saying "no" and doing whats best for my health and body. I'm also excited to embark on a new journey to discover a new world of food I'd never imagined existed. I'm inviting you to share my triumphs and tears.              

No comments:

Post a Comment