Tuesday 13 December 2011

Brownies and Blondies and Rice Crispies, Oh My!

So, I've been baking. Let me tell ya, I LOVE what's been coming out my kitchen. (refer to title)
Brownies. I think these are better than the 'real' thing. This recipe includes tofu and applesauce. This makes the brownie unbelievably fudge-y. (original recipe here 
slighty less than 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup ww pastry flour  
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. honey (less, if you have no sweet tooth)
four to eight squares of a dark chocolate Lindt bar (I used 80% cocoa)   
3 oz  soft tofu
2/3 cup applesauce (use only 1/2 cup if using 6T oil)
2 to 6 T coconut oil
4 T non-dairy milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Whisk together dry ingredients. Melt together chocolate and oil. Blend together wet ingredients (I used a Magic Bullet) Mix wet with dry, then bake at 325 F in a 9x9 greased baking pan for 12-18 minutes. Let them sit for an hour, then devour! (Lame, I know, but I couldn't resist :)   


Blondies! I had to stop myself from eating the whole pan of these! (original)
1 1/2 c. chickpeas
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
1/4 c. ground flax
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/3 c. chocolate chips (I used slightly less)
Blend everything except chocolate chips (I used my Magic Bullet, you can use a blender, etc.) until very smooth. Mix in chips, then pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Take out the blondies when they look slightly undercooked. (You want soft and fudge-y right!?)  


Rice Crispies: I actually hate rice crispie squares made with marshmallows. Luckily, these don't have any! (marshmallows ;) (original)
3 c. rice crispies
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. + 2 T peanut butter
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. cocoa 
Melt the honey and peanut butter. Mix in salt, vanilla and cocoa. Stir in rice crispies and stir well
Press down hard into a greased pan. Freeze for 1/2 hour, then eat. Or cut into squares. Or come back and find half the pan gone. (My dad really likes this recipe)
Have a great day!  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment