Tuesday 6 December 2011

Supper was yummy

My day to make supper for my family.
A few months ago I'd gone out for pizza, and my friend convinced me to try a new combo.
Are you ready?
Chicken feta. It was delicious. I haven't stopped talking about it, so tonight I decided to re-create it, and up the health factor.
What I used:
home-made pizza dough (link below)
1 1/2 c. chunky salsa (or your favorite pizza sauce)
two chicken breasts
3 Tbsp feta cheese (more or less, to taste)
1/4 to 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese (depending on how cheesy you like your pizza)
First step: pizza crust! I made this whole wheat dough. The timing of my afternoon was perfect. I made the dough at 3:45, let it rise for an hour, kneaded it, let it rise for about 30 minutes, then rolled it out. *This was my first attempt ever at making pizza from scratch* I ended up with a nice-sized crust that wasn't exactly circular, but hey, it worked!
Second step: Sauce. Since I just decided this afternoon that I was creating a pizza, I had no tomato sauce, so I ran to my fridge and found a jar of chunky salsa. I put 1 1/2 cups of it into my Magic Bullet, and voila! Pizza sauce with a kick.
Number three: Chicken! I cubed it up and fried in half a Tbsp of olive oil with a dash of lemon. This took about ten minutes.
While the chicken was cooking, the feta cheese got cubed as well and the mozzarella was grated.
Fourth step: Dressing up my pizza. I spread the sauce on the crust, then added the chicken and feta. I topped it off with a sprinkling of mozzarella, then popped the pizza in the oven! This gave me a chance to assemble some Greek salads.
20 minutes later I had a beautiful whole wheat, non greasy pizza (that smelled divine) and a very happy family.            

No comments:

Post a Comment