Thursday 29 December 2011

Chocolate-Chip Zucchini Breakfast Bars

I've been trying to develop some of my own recipes lately. Success has been varied, and this is the first recipe that I believe is blog-worthy. Be prepared for deliciousness.
What's this? I took pictures for you guys!


2 T date paste*
2 T melted banana
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. shredded zucchini
1/3 c. chocolate chips  
Pre-heat oven to 350 F and grease a 9x9 inch baking pan. Mix date paste, melted banana and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix in flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and chopped walnuts. Once everything is combined, add zucchini and chocolate chips. Bake for 25-30, the edges will be golden brown and a toothpick will come out clean.
Need I instruct you to have a square hot out of the oven?
*note about date paste: I make my own by boiling about 20 small pitted dates in a cup of water, then blending in my Magic Bullet until smooth

No comments:

Post a Comment