Sunday 26 August 2012

"Nothing to Eat at the End of the Week" Pancakes

Am I the only one who has this problem? It's the day before you go grocery shopping and there's nothing in the house to eat? This was my predicament when I walked into my kitchen for breakfast this morning.
No almond milk and Dad had eaten the last of the granola. I was in a creative mood so I whipped up these pancakes with leftover quinoa, bran, and coconut flour.


1/4 c. cooked quinoa (I make a big batch to use throughout the week. I recommend Kelly's cooking method found here)
1/4 bran
1 Tbsp coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
shake of salt
1/2 tsp molasses
2 egg whites (I buy just egg whites, and I had little left in the carton. Feel free to use a whole egg instead)
1/3 c. water
3 drops stevia
Whisk the bran, coconut flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add the molasses, egg, water and stevia and whisk some more!
Spoon into a hot frying pan in 2 inch disks and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side.
Top with chocolate chips, peanut butter, fresh fruit, anything you like!


No comments:

Post a Comment