Monday 20 February 2012

Red Velvet and Rocky Road Cookies


I made these for my family's Valentines Day supper. You'll never guess what's in 'em.
                          (also pictured: http://www.spoonfulofsugarfree.com/2011/03/02/7th-heaven-in-7-layers/)
'kay, I'll tell you, but you'll have to read the recipe
Red Velvet/Rocky Road Cookies
(beets, chickpeas, the usual)
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 c. nut butter
1/4 c. pumpkin (pureed butternut squash works too)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c. non-dairy milk or water
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 c. beet puree
1 T date syrup/honey
1/4 c. chocolate chips
Blend everything minus chocolate chips in a food processor/blender. Divide dough in half and mix in chocolate to one half. Add 1/4 c. cocoa powder, 1/4 c. chopped walnuts and a generous tablespoon of crumbled coconut butter to the other half. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes @ 400F.
*Over the course of a few months, I've found that I need less and less sweetener in my desserts, so give the dough a taste and adjust the sweetener accordingly.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment